My birthday plans are:
- sleep in (nope- dh was making way too much noise for that)
- take a nice girly bath this morning instead of my usual hurry-up shower
- call Mom and tell her it's my birthday so she can sing to me
- call a nice restaurant so dh can take me out for supper
- Maybe take an afternoon nap, since #1 was a bust
Have I mentioned that I love bright quilts? This is a beauty - the small version. There was a matching large version.
I also love scrappy quilts.
Floyd is habitually a GREAT quilting machine. But about once a year he has a case of PMS (pick my stitches). What takes 10 minutes to stitch takes about an hour to pick out. I had one earplug in because I'd been working with my ear next to the motor (can you say Industrial Deafness?). I thought I heard a funny noise, but I just wrote it off to the earplug. Well, Hellooo dummy - you've had the plug in for an hour and the funny noise just started. Warning Warning: Machine problem. But do I pay any attention??? Nah! So much for making any money on that job. I think the top thread popped out of the tension discs. Or there was too much lint in the bobbin area. Or he needed oiling. Maybe a combination of all three things.
But here we go - all done and looking lovely.